Monday, May 17, 2010

O THE GLAMOUR!



It was a super-glamorous weekend for the Devlin girls of Boston.  On Saturday afternoon I went to see the fabulous hairdresser Francisco, who in the past has wrought so much magic with my High Barnet.  I time-travelled back to the 1950's and had a wash and set, complete with rollers, hairnet and huge hairdryer.  It was tremendous & when I emerged from the salon I reminded myself of a young Victoria Principal c.1986.  To celebrate, I went out for cocktails in the evening with Katie to Alibi at the Liberty Hotel.  Our little girls were safely at home with their Daddies.  Us big girls were busy trying to look 20 years younger, like the jailbait also hanging around the bar of this renovated prison (how apt). 


On Sunday however, Baby Zoe took centre stage.  Realising how quickly her babyhood is passing, we had arranged for a professional photographer to take some shots before she grew up any more!  I found Kristina Young through Isis, where her work hangs on the wall alongside other Boston-based photographers.  These photographers' styles range from the downright cheesy to the outright creepy, but Kristina has a very colourful and natural style that we really liked. 



After starting in our apartment, where the light is apparently fantastic (but the furniture horrific), we then moved to the Public Garden.  The Public Garden is my favourite place to go with Zoe; the flowers are always beautiful, the trees are shady and it is lovely to stand on the wrought iron bridge overlooking the swanboats on the lake.  I thought I would feel self conscious having our pictures taken in public, but in the end Kristina made us feel so relaxed that the time went super-quickly and before we knew it 2 hours had flown by. 



Here is a selection of pictures from the day, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!  In fact, seeing the beautiful ones of Zoe made me cry a little....  What do you think?  I can't wait to see the full gallery.  Thank you Kristina!



No comments:

Post a Comment